This week I started to think about vitamin supplements for hair health, after researching I invested in
I could have also gone for
but the first one had more of the vitamins that are good for hair growth
below is some info I sourced from the internet
Essential Vitamins for Healthy Hair:
- Inadequate intakes of vitamin A and B7 (Biotin) can result in hair loss.
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), B3 (Niacin), B6 (Pyridoxine), B6 (Folic Acid), B12 (Cyanocobalmin), magnesium, and manganese help blood circulation and transport oxygen to hair follicle, they also enhance hair growth.
- Lack of Vitamin C will result in split ends and brittle condition in hair.
- Copper functions in the formation of maintenance of hair pigments. It maintains healthy hair color and condition; lack of copper will result in turning into white hair.
- Iron is an essential mineral for the formation of red blood cells. Therefore, a person with anemia can suffer from hair loss easily.
- Zinc prevents skin follicle infection and prevents hair loss.
The B Vitamins
- Thiamin ( B1)
Contains the mineral sulfur, the integral element of hair that gives it gloss and sheen.
- Riboflavin (B2)This vitamin is essential for body cell respiration and to ensure efficient utilization of oxygen for cell production and repair. If your eyes are sensitive to light, you may be deficient in B-2, or Riboflavin, present in milk. Unhealthy scalp and hair loss have been traced to B-2 deficiencies.
- Niacin (B3)Has a dilating effect on vessels and capillaries thereby increasing circulation to the scalp and stimulating hair growth. Niacin may also reduce the accumulation of cholesterol which is important since cholesterol on the scalp converts to the enzyme 5 alpha reductase.
*** Vitamins B1, B2 and B3 are energy producers.
- Pahtothenic Acid (B5)This vitamin restores color brightness to hair and works with Folic Acid, PABA, Copper and the amino acid Tyrosine in the prevention of gray and white hair.
- Pyridoxine (B6)
This vitamin is responsible for balance of protein intake, especially Cysteine, and helps to transport amino acids to the proper tissues. It is also needed in the conversion of one amino acid to another such as the conversion of Methionine to Cysteine. It is also a factor in the metabolism of Essential Fatty Acids for healthy skin and hair. It works with Inositol to regulate the flow of oils to the skin and scalp.
- Biotin (B7)
Also referred to as "Vitamin H", promotes hair growth. Biotin is a common and important ingredient in hair products because it promotes hair health. Biotin is needed for healthy hair and skin and may even prevent hair loss. Biotin-increases the elasticity of the hair's cortex preventing breakage. It also thickenss the actual hair cuticle providing a fuller appearance because of the increased diameter of the hair shaft.
- Cobalamin (B12)
This vitamin builds rich blood and helps to regenerate red blood cells which are vital for healthy hair.