Monday 18 October 2010

Hair Journal

Can I remind anyone reading this record is more for me to remember what I do rather then me giving advice, so apologises for any vagueness, but I do welcome questions or comments.

This weekend I did a deep treatment I'm going to do this every week, I used a hot oil mixture on my hair and layered on top of this my own deep treatment mix, I put a plastic bag on my head, and then sat under a heat cap for 1 hour. I washed it off using Afro Shampoo Bar from Shea Butter Cottage (I always use this to shampoo in my hair, and would only use Shea Butter products to shampoo my hair), I then detangled using Giovanni Smooth as Silk. I detangled my hair in 4 sections using my brand new Denman D4 brush which I purchased from Boots and I'm in love with it, and yes, I know, some of you may be thinking I'm a bit late, but I just didn't believe the hype, (although I did have a D14 when I had  TWA), I thought I'd try it because I felt that my detangling comb was causing too much stress to my hair.

After detangling I rinsed my hair undoing one section, rinsing tying that section back up and moving on to the next. Just to digress a little, I don't believe there is anything such as a 'snag free' hair band my hair still snags on those supposedly 'snag free' hair bands, so I'll have to invest in some large hair grips. So any way rinsed my hair then sprayed with a watered down leave in (Giovanni Direct Leave-in and a decotion of marshmallow and comfrey root). I then sealed in moisture using a mix of oils, and layered on top my own moisture cream.

My mum canerowed the front of my hair using Twisted Mango Custard and I 2 strand twisted the back. My intention was to have a twist out this didn't work too well so I pulled it back, then that in the week fro'ed it out.

No comments: