Monday 1 November 2010

Not such a bad hair day

Last night it got to 6pm and I was like, damn, I haven't washed my hair, I hate washing my hair that late but I have to wash it once a week. I shampooed my hair with a Rhassoul Shampoo Bar by Shea Butter Cottage, it was a different experience from using the Afro Shampoo Bar , it didn't pop my curls like the Afro Shampoo bar, but my hair felt squeaky clean without feeling dry, which was good as I had quite a bit of gel in my hair. I then used the new conditioner that I had brought earlier in the week Dr. Organic Vitamin E conditioner, I think I like this conditioner although, as with any hair product you can not provide a fair assessment after just one week. What I can say is, that it's thick and foams up a treat, and I used it to detangle using my Denman D4 brush, it smells a little medicinal but I think it did moisturise my hair. I left it on for about 40mins with a plastic cap.

While the conditioner was in my hair I went to the kitchen to create two new products I made a leave-in conditioner and a hair styling lotion with added flax seed gel so that I could twist my hair. I rinsed my hair put in the leave-in and two strand twist my hair with the styling lotion, I did the twists larger than usual due to the time and put some flat twists in the front and went to bed with my hair wet (shock, horror).



This morning I used the hair dryer to dry my hair a little bit more with the intention of doing a twist out as I really didn't like the look of the twists as they were. I started to undo the twists and I really didn't like the look of it, it looked too chunky, I put some grapeseed oil on my hands and split them up some more, I ended up looking like I'd been electrocuted. So I smoothed the back of my hair with some moisturising lotion and also used some of the styling lotion and put my hair in a puff, and it looked really good.

But why did I give this post the title 'not such a bad hair day'? because my hair can tend to get dry when the ends are left out, but it feels moisturised, smooth and silky and not greasy. Now I don't know if it's the combination of products that had that effect or just one, but I will use Dr. Organics again and my leave-in.

See you next week!

1 comment:

Angel said...

hmmmm a good review then, your hair is so like mine....but longer lol